Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate honors John Rusinko of Lions Clubs District 20-YI
The University Vision Care and Research Center of the Department of Ophthalmology at SUNY Upstate Medical University and Upstate Medical University Foundation is paying tribute to Lions Club member John Rusinko of Liverpool who died earlier this year.
Rusinko was an avid supporter of the Center and of Vision 2000, a $1.2 million campaign of Upstate Medical University Foundation created to increase awareness, recognition and funding for the advancement of ophthalmology services and research at SUNY Upstate. The Lions Clubs of District 20-YI pledged $250,000 to the campaign. The plaque presented in memory of Rusinko’s recalls his unselfish dedication to the Lions and to Vision 2000 will be displayed in the reception area of the University Vision Care and Research Center, 550 Harrison St. Syracuse.
Rusinko became a charter member of Alfred Lions Club 20-Y1 in 1966. He served his club in every position, including president, zone chairman, deputy district governor and district governor.
University Vision Care and Research Center is the region’s leading center for the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of adult and pediatric eye disorders. The Center offers some of the most advanced treatments available in ophthalmology today.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal