Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate honors John Rusinko of Lions Clubs District 20-YI
The University Vision Care and Research Center of the Department of Ophthalmology at SUNY Upstate Medical University and Upstate Medical University Foundation is paying tribute to Lions Club member John Rusinko of Liverpool who died earlier this year.
Rusinko was an avid supporter of the Center and of Vision 2000, a $1.2 million campaign of Upstate Medical University Foundation created to increase awareness, recognition and funding for the advancement of ophthalmology services and research at SUNY Upstate. The Lions Clubs of District 20-YI pledged $250,000 to the campaign. The plaque presented in memory of Rusinko’s recalls his unselfish dedication to the Lions and to Vision 2000 will be displayed in the reception area of the University Vision Care and Research Center, 550 Harrison St. Syracuse.
Rusinko became a charter member of Alfred Lions Club 20-Y1 in 1966. He served his club in every position, including president, zone chairman, deputy district governor and district governor.
University Vision Care and Research Center is the region’s leading center for the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of adult and pediatric eye disorders. The Center offers some of the most advanced treatments available in ophthalmology today.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard