Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Gregory L. Eastwood, MD, is elected vice president of national nursing research panel
SUNY Upstate Medical University President Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., has been elected vice president of the Friends of the National Institute of Nursing Research (FNINR). The panel seeks to support research-based nursing practice by educating nursing professionals and the public about advances made through nursing research and its benefits to patients, families, communities and health care.
Eastwood was elected at the FNINR’s board of director’s meeting, held June 21 in Washington, D.C.
In addition to seeking support for nursing research, FNINR’s mission is to help recognize talented nurse researchers, and build greater awareness of nursing research.
Eastwood serves in leadership roles on several medical panels, including as chair of the Association of Academic Health Center and of the Upstate New York Coalition for Biomedical Research (UNYCoR). He is past-president of the Associated Medical Schools of New York.
Eastwood resides in DeWitt.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal