News from Upstate
Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Retired Professional Firefighters Cancer Fund donates $15,000 to the Upstate Cancer Center
The Retired Professional Firefighters Cancer Fund donated $15,000 to the Upstate Cancer Center. Firefighters have a higher incidence of some cancers than the general population. The donation will be designated to the Michael E. Connolly Endowment for Lung Cancer Research, the Carol Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund and the Upstate Cancer Research Institute Fund. Pictured are Binghamton firefighter Pat Eggleston, City of Syracuse fire chief Mark McLees, Upstate Cancer Center administrator Dick Kilburg, Retired Professional Firefighters Cancer Fund chairman Bill Newland, Fund board member Tricia Newland, Syracuse Firefighters Union president Jim Ennis, and Binghamton firefighter John Janos.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal