Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Deborah Baxter named institutional compliance officer for faculty practice plan at SUNY Upstate Medical University
Deborah L. Baxter has been named institutional compliance officer for the faculty practice plan for University Medical Associates at Syracuse Inc. The faculty practice plan comprises the practices of 18 clinical departments at the College of Medicine and includes about 380 clinical physician faculty.
In her new post, Baxter will identify faculty practice functions and business practices requiring compliance activities, particularly with regard to governmental and third party regulations.
Prior to joining SUNY Upstate, Baxter served since 1998 as privacy officer and director of health information management at Cayuga Medical Center in Ithaca. She also held positions in physician office coding and billing at Medical Business Management Inc. in Ithaca and medical records management at Reading (Pa.) Hospital and Medical Center.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in health information management from Ithaca College and is currently enrolled in the MBA program.
Baxter is a member of the American Health Information Management Association.
She resides in Liverpool.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal