Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Nienke Dosa, M.D., named assistant professor of pediatrics and will serve as medical director of SUNY Upstate’s Spina Bifida Center
Nienke Dosa, M.D., has been named assistant professor of developmental pediatrics at SUNY Upstate Medical University and medical director of SUNY Upstate’s Spina Bifida Center.
SUNY Upstate’s Spina Bifida Center provides a comprehensive medical and surgical care to children and adults with Spina Bifida and similar disabilities throughout 26 counties in central and northern New York. The center, which provides diagnostic and evaluative services, patient and family education and genetic counseling, will expand to provide interdisciplinary services and care coordination to children with a wide variety of physical and other services.
Dosa earned a medical degree from SUNY Upstate in 1994 and completed her pediatric residency at Upstate in 1998. She completed a fellowship in public health and neurodevelopmental disabilities at the University of Rochester College of Medicine and Dentistry. She earned a master of public health degree from the University of Rochester this year.
Dosa is a member of numerous organizations, including the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Central New York Pediatric Home Care Task Force.
Dosa, a native of the Netherlands, resides in Syracuse.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal