Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
University Hospital’s HealthLink program presents free health seminars
Weight loss and herbal medications are the topics to be addressed during two University Hospital HealthLink seminars to be held this month. Both seminars are free and open to the public and are held in the Oasis complex on the lower level of Shoppingtown Mall just inside the Kauffman’s entrance. To register for any seminar, call 464-8668.
Upcoming seminar schedule is as follows:
- Jan. 15 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. “Mindful Eating: Jumping Off the Diet Treadmill.” Lisa Kaufmann, M.D., an internist at University Hospital, will discuss how to manage your weight without succumbing to fad diets, understanding what triggers your eating and the difference between physical and non-physical hunger.
- Jan. 17 from 2 to 3 p.m. “Herbal Medicines: Hazardous to Your Health?” University Hospital experts will discuss the benefits and hazards of using widely available, non-prescription herbal remedies for common ailments and the importance of keeping your doctor informed.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal