Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Oswego surgeon named to Upstate Medical University Council
Oswego surgeon James I. Boles has been appointed by New York Gov. George Pataki to the SUNY Upstate Medical University Council. Boles will serve until June 20, 2004. He succeeds Margo Northrup, who has resigned from the council.
The Upstate Medical University Council is an advisory board to SUNY Upstate Medical University President Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D.
Boles is a surgeon at Oswego Hospital and serves as president of the Oswego Hospital medical staff. He also serves as a clinical assistant professor of surgery at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
The Canadian-born Boles is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and the Royal College of Surgeons. He is also a diplomate of the American Board of Surgery.
Boles earned his medical degree in 1972 from the University of Manitoba, Canada. He completed an internship at the University of Southern California Medical Center and residencies at Orange County (Calif.) Medical Center and the Health Sciences Center at the University of Manitoba in Canada.
Boles resides in Oswego.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard