Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
SUNY Upstate President Gregory Eastwood, M.D., to chair Association of Academic Health Centers board
Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., president of SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been named chair of the board of directors of the Association of Academic Health Centers (AHC).
AHC is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health of the people by advancing the leadership of academic health centers in health professions education, biomedical and health services research, and health care delivery. AHC represents more than 100 institutions in the United States that are the health complexes of the nation’s major universities.
A gastroenterologist by training, Eastwood has held faculty appointments in medical education for more than three decades. Prior to being named president of SUNY Upstate in 1993, he served as dean of the School of Medicine of the Medical College of Georgia. He also has held faculty positions at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Harvard Medical School, Jefferson Medical College, Boston University School of Medicine and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Eastwood resides in Dewitt.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal