News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Upstate wins Business of the Year Award
SYRACUSE, N.Y.— Upstate Medical University has received the 2011 Business of the Year Award from the CenterState Corporation for Economic Opportunity (CEO).
The award recognizes Upstate for creating new economic opportunities, making new investments and being engaged in the community.
Over the past year, Upstate has experienced growth in its clinical practice, research activities and enrollment. Along with the growth come additional employees, with more than 700 added since 2009. Upstate continues to serve as an economic engine for the region, especially in new development, having completed the $147 million East Tower expansion in 2009. Already under way is the $72 million expansion of the Institute for Human Performance and the $74 million Upstate Cancer Center. Upstate was also recognized for its commitment to the community and volunteerism, most notably its 2010 record of being a leading contributor to the United Way/State Employee Federated Appeal effort.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard