Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
University Hospital surgeon to speak on new CT screening for lung cancer Oct. 3 at Shoppingtown Mall
Leslie Kohman, M.D., a thoracic surgeon at University Hospital and professor of medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University, will discuss the benefits of a new CT screening test during a presentation Oct. 3 on the lower level of Shoppingtown Mall. The presentation, which is sponsored by University Hospital’s OASIS program is from 9 to 10 a.m. and is free and open to the public.
Kohman is currently involved in the New York Early Lung Cancer Action screening study that is examining the efficacy of a new CT scan to detect lung cancer at its earliest stage.
Kohman was selected by Good Housekeeping magazine as one of the nation’s top cancer doctors for women. She has also been recognized by various guides listing “The Best Doctors in America.”
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal