Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Michael Roizen, M.D., to speak on his RealAge concept in public lecture Sept. 21 at SUNY Upstate Medical University
Michael Roizen, M.D., dean of the College of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University and author of “RealAge: Are You As Young As You Can Be?” will discuss his RealAge concept at a public lecture Friday, Sept. 21. The lecture, which is free, will be held in Medical Alumni Auditorium of Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave. The lecture is sponsored by the Syracuse Medical Alumni Association at SUNY Upstate.
Roizen joined SUNY Upstate in July as dean of the College of Medicine and vice president for biomedical sciences. Prior to joining Upstate, he was professor and chair of anesthesia and critical care at the Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago.
In 1999 Roizen and his colleagues developed a health measurement test, known as RealAge, that calculates whether people are older or younger than their chronological ages by analyzing their health behaviors and lifestyles. He published his findings in “RealAge: Are You As Young As You Can Be?” which landed on the New York Times bestseller list.
Editor’s note: Dr. Roizen will be available prior to the lecture at 3:30 p.m. for interviews. Please notify Doretta Royer, at 464-4833, if you plan to cover.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard