Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Upstate’s Ruth Weinstock named associate editor of Diabetes Care
Ruth S. Weinstock, M.D., Ph.D., professor of medicine and chief of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism at SUNY Upstate Medical University and medical director of the Joslin Diabetes Center at University Health Care Center, has been appointed associate editor of Diabetes Care, the professional journal of the American Diabetes Association.
Diabetes Care is a journal for the health care practitioner that is intended to increase knowledge, stimulate research and promote better management of people with diabetes. Topics covered are of interest to physicians, researchers, epidemiologists, and psychologists.
Journal articles can be accessed at http://care.diabetesjournals.org/.
Weinstock has directed or participated in more than 30 research studies on diabetes alone. Her work has been funded by the National Institutes of Health, Department of Veterans Affairs, New York State Department of Health, pharmaceutical companies and others.
She currently co-directs a $28 million federal study to assess the use of telemedicine in the management of diabetes.
Weinstock joined SUNY Upstate in 1984. She resides in Fayetteville.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard