Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
S. Denice Jones named director of Diversity and Affirmative Action at SUNY Upstate Medical University
S. Denice Jones has been named director of diversity and affirmative action at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Jones will oversee all of the University’s affirmative action and equal opportunity programs. Jones succeeds Floyd Brown, who was named director of the Office of Diversity Enhancement in Clinical Research.
Jones joined Upstate in March 2000 as assistant director for diversity and affirmative action and most recently served as the office’s interim director. She has held a variety of administrative and managerial positions throughout her career, most recently as administrator for the Syracuse Housing Authority’s Welfare-To-Work Program.
Jones holds certifications with the National Association of Housing Redevelopment Officials as a public housing manager, the Society for Human Resource Management of Alexandria, Va., as a professional in human resources and the American Bar Association through Syracuse University as a legal assistant. She attended Hamilton College, where she studied English and communications.
Jones volunteers as a public relations director for the Youth Explosion organization in Albany.
Jones resides in Dewitt.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now