News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Spring is in the air, at Upstate, now through Feb 28
SYRACUSE, N.Y.— A splash of spring will warm the Upstate Medical University campus as Ithaca-based artist Milly Acharya exhibits her “botanical portraits in watercolor” at the Health Sciences Library gallery, now through Feb. 28. Twenty-one works in brilliant watercolors are on display in the gallery, located in Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave. The gallery is open to the public Monday through Friday from 9 a.m to 7 p.m. Admission is free. Some works are for sale by the artist.
Archaya’s work has received honors in the eight New York annual exhibit of the Horticultural Society and American Society of Botanical Artists; the Jury’s Award for Excellence at the Houston Museum of Natural Science and Best of Show award at the 2008 HSNY/ASBA exhibition.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal