Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Robert Corona, D.O., named Computer Professional of the Year
Robert Corona, D.O., clinical associate professor at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been named Computer Professional of the Year 2000. The award is presented by several professional societies, including the Association of Professional Computer Consultants, Windows Developers Forum and ACM First Society of Computing.
Corona founded Upstate’s Telemedicine and Medical Informatics Program in 1995. The program was named one of two national Healthcare Open Systems Trial Sites and was nominated for the Computerworld/Smithsonian Award for Excellence in Medicine. As a professor at Upstate he won both Best Teacher of the Year and the President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Corona is a neuropathologist (expert in diagnosing diseases of the brain) and launched the nation’s first teleneuropathology service. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Pathology and is board certified in both anatomic pathology and neuropathology. He is currently the chief medical officer at Welch Allyn, a medical devices company in Skaneateles.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard