Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Robert Corona, D.O., named Computer Professional of the Year
Robert Corona, D.O., clinical associate professor at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been named Computer Professional of the Year 2000. The award is presented by several professional societies, including the Association of Professional Computer Consultants, Windows Developers Forum and ACM First Society of Computing.
Corona founded Upstate’s Telemedicine and Medical Informatics Program in 1995. The program was named one of two national Healthcare Open Systems Trial Sites and was nominated for the Computerworld/Smithsonian Award for Excellence in Medicine. As a professor at Upstate he won both Best Teacher of the Year and the President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Corona is a neuropathologist (expert in diagnosing diseases of the brain) and launched the nation’s first teleneuropathology service. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Pathology and is board certified in both anatomic pathology and neuropathology. He is currently the chief medical officer at Welch Allyn, a medical devices company in Skaneateles.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal