News from Upstate
Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Radiothon to benefit children’s cancer care
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Pediatric cancer care and research at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital will be the focus of Radiothon for Kids, to be broadcast live from the lobby of Upstate University Hospital Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 1 and 2, from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Newsradio 570 WSYR and Friday, Dec. 3, from 1 to 7 p.m. on Hot 107.9.
WSYR’s Joe Galuski and Jim Reith and Hot 107’s Marty and Shannon will host the three-day event that includes interviews with pediatric patients and their family members, members of the pediatric team at the children’s hospital and community advocates for children’s health.
Listeners may make a pledge during the radiothon by calling 315-464-KIDS (5437). All money raised through the radiothon remains in Central New York to benefit the children treated at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital. Last year’s radiothon, raised more than $100,000.
The 2010 radiothon is presented by NewsRadio 570 WSYR, Hot 107.9, Upstate Medical University Foundation and the Children’s Miracle Network. Radiothon sponsors are Foresters, Kinney Drugs, Panera Bread and Tops Markets.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal