Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Parodi named to quality management post at University Hospital
Manlius resident Jorge A. Parodi has been named administrative director of Quality Management and Outcome Measurement for University Hospital of SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Parodi is responsible for leading all quality improvement activities within University Hospital’s service lines and departments and has direct oversight of the hospital’s areas of Risk Management, Clinical Practice Analysis & Support and Customer Satisfaction. In addition, he coordinates all efforts to maintain University Hospital’s compliance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) as well as other regulatory requirements.
Previously Parodi served as director of quality improvement at Memorial Hospital of the Memorial Health System in York, Pa. He served as an adjunct faculty member at Towson State University, Penn State, and Harford, Baltimore and Carroll community colleges.
Parodi received a master’s degree in management with a health care concentration at the College of Notre Dame of Maryland in 1994 and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Maryland in College Park in 1988.
In 1993 Parodi received the Excellence in Customer Service Award from Woodbourne Center Inc., where he also was valedictorian of the Center’s Advanced Training Institute program. He received the Academic Achievement Award in Management from the College of Notre Dame of Maryland in 1995.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now