Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Palmer named acting chair of orthopedics at SUNY Upstate
Andrew K. Palmer, M.D., has been named acting chair of the department of orthopedics at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Palmer will serve until a successor to David G. Murray, M.D., has been named. Murray stepped down as chair of orthopedics in July; he remains on the faculty of SUNY Upstate.
Palmer was named a professor of orthopedic surgery at SUNY Upstate in 1985. Since 1988 he has directed SUNY Upstate’s Hand Surgery Service.
Palmer attended medical school at SUNY Upstate and did a surgical internship and orthopedic residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
A distinguished surgeon and a worldwide expert on the ulnar aspect of the wrist, Palmer currently serves as president of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Palmer resides with his wife in Cazenovia.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard