Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Guharoy of SUNY Upstate Medical University named Pharmacist of the Year
Roy Guharoy, director of Pharmacy Services at University Hospital of the SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been selected by the board of directors of the New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists as the recipient of the 2000 Pfizer New York State health-system “Pharmacist of the Year” award. This award honors individuals who have made significant contributions to their profession.
Guharoy, who holds a doctor of pharmacy degree, accepted the award at a reception held in his honor and others during the Annual Assembly of the New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists.
Guharoy has received numerous recognitions for his contributions to his profession. He was most recently selected by ASHP as one of 10 individuals to participate in the Pharmacy Leadership Institute at Boston University. He also received the Lederle Research Award for original research involving hospital pharmacy administration from the New York State Council of Hospital Pharmacists Research and Education Foundation. This honor carried a $1,000 award which Guharoy donated to the Pharmaceutical Care Fund.
Guharoy resides on the east side of Syracuse.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard