Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Guharoy of SUNY Upstate Medical University named Pharmacist of the Year
Roy Guharoy, director of Pharmacy Services at University Hospital of the SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been selected by the board of directors of the New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists as the recipient of the 2000 Pfizer New York State health-system “Pharmacist of the Year” award. This award honors individuals who have made significant contributions to their profession.
Guharoy, who holds a doctor of pharmacy degree, accepted the award at a reception held in his honor and others during the Annual Assembly of the New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists.
Guharoy has received numerous recognitions for his contributions to his profession. He was most recently selected by ASHP as one of 10 individuals to participate in the Pharmacy Leadership Institute at Boston University. He also received the Lederle Research Award for original research involving hospital pharmacy administration from the New York State Council of Hospital Pharmacists Research and Education Foundation. This honor carried a $1,000 award which Guharoy donated to the Pharmaceutical Care Fund.
Guharoy resides on the east side of Syracuse.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal