Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Joseph J. Morfei named chair of cardiorespiratory sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University
Joseph J. Morfei, associate professor of respiratory care for the College of Health Professions at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been appointed chair of the college’s Department of Cardiorespiratory Sciences. The announcement was made by Hugh Bonner, dean of the College of Health Professions. Morfei has served as vice chair of cardiorespiratory sciences since 1992 and as the interim chair of cardiorespiratory sciences since December 1999.
Since joining SUNY Upstate in 1969, Morfei has held numerous academic and administrative posts in the College of Health Professions, including as chair of the Dean’s Committee on Appointments, Promotions and Tenure, and the President’s Health Professions’ Education Track Task Force. He currently is secretary of the SUNY Upstate Council of the Faculty Organization.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal