News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Upstate to hold Think Green Fair May 13
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Upstate Medical University will showcase some of its ‘green’ initiatives at its Think Green Sustainability Fair Thursday, May 13, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Campus Activities Building, 155 Elizabeth Blackwell St. The fair is free and open to the public.
Over the past year, Upstate has installed energy-saving lighting on some buildings, banned plastic water bottles from its campus and initiated a robust recycling program that covers everything from batteries to toner cartridges and cell phones.
In addition, the fair will feature various exhibitors, who will offer tips on composting, recycling and home energy saving ideas.
The first 500 attendees to the fair will be given free tomato plants and ‘green’ reusable bags.
Upstate is also recycling footwear at the fair. It will accept gently used running shoes, sneakers or casual footwear for patients in need.
For more information on Upstate’s sustainability initiatives go to http://green.upstate.edu
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard