News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
National Cancer Survivors Day is June 7
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Nearly 500 cancer survivors and their families will celebrate life at the National Cancer Survivors Day celebration Sunday, June 7, from noon to 3:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 441 Electronics Parkway, Liverpool, N.Y.
The event , sponsored by University Hospital, will be attended by survivors from all across Central New York; they range in age from 11 to 87.
“This gathering is a salute to all those who are fighting cancer,” said Tina Evans, of the Regional Oncology Center at Upstate Medical University, the event’s sponsor. “It’s an opportunity to gather together and share survival stories and celebrate the work that is being done to help us win the fight against cancer.”
National Cancer Survivors Day is an annual, nationwide celebration that is held in over 700 communities. Events are held around the nation to honor the more than 9 million Americans who are surviving cancer, to spread the message that life after a cancer diagnosis can be a reality.
The event will feature a luncheon, live music, and activities for children.
University Hospital offers a range of cutting-edge treatments for all types of cancer at its Regional Oncology Center.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard