Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Cardiologist Dr. Harold Smulyan leads list of nearly 900 Upstate Medical employees honored for years of service
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Cardiologist Harold Smulyan, M.D., who has served on the faculty of Upstate Medical University for 50 years, heads the list of nearly 900 Upstate employees who will be honored for their employment and service to the university June 4 during Employee Recognition Day ceremonies at the Oncenter, 800 S. State St., Syracuse.
Smulyan will be recognized for his 50 years of service to Upstate. Honored for 45 years will be Raja Abdul-Karim, M.D.; Obstetrics and Gynecology; Richard Aubry, M.D., MPH, Obstetrics and Gynecology; David Beach, Microbiology and Immunology, Robert Daly, M.D., Psychiatry; Sally Gray, Nursing—Preadmission Testing/Holding, and Zahi Makuli, Urology, M.D.
Upstate’s Employee Recognition Day is an annual event that honors employees who achieve their five-year incremental milestone of service as of June 30, beginning with five years of service. One hundred thirty-eight employees will be honored for more than 25 years of employment.
Upstate Medical University is the area’s largest employer with nearly 7,000 employees.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard