Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Cardiologist Dr. Harold Smulyan leads list of nearly 900 Upstate Medical employees honored for years of service
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Cardiologist Harold Smulyan, M.D., who has served on the faculty of Upstate Medical University for 50 years, heads the list of nearly 900 Upstate employees who will be honored for their employment and service to the university June 4 during Employee Recognition Day ceremonies at the Oncenter, 800 S. State St., Syracuse.
Smulyan will be recognized for his 50 years of service to Upstate. Honored for 45 years will be Raja Abdul-Karim, M.D.; Obstetrics and Gynecology; Richard Aubry, M.D., MPH, Obstetrics and Gynecology; David Beach, Microbiology and Immunology, Robert Daly, M.D., Psychiatry; Sally Gray, Nursing—Preadmission Testing/Holding, and Zahi Makuli, Urology, M.D.
Upstate’s Employee Recognition Day is an annual event that honors employees who achieve their five-year incremental milestone of service as of June 30, beginning with five years of service. One hundred thirty-eight employees will be honored for more than 25 years of employment.
Upstate Medical University is the area’s largest employer with nearly 7,000 employees.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal