Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Health Careers Open House set for Nov. 8
SYRACUSE, N.Y. —SUNY Upstate Medical University will host a Health Careers Open House Saturday, Nov. 8, from 8:45 a.m. to noon at Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave., Syracuse.
The open house will feature information and presentations on the following careers: cardiovascular perfusion, medical imagining sciences, medical technology and medical biotechnology, physical therapy, radiation therapy technology, respiratory care and cardiorespiratory sciences, public health, nursing and medicine. SUNY Upstate offers degree programs in all these areas.
The program begins at 8:45 a.m. with registration, followed by a dean’s welcome. From 10 to 11:30 a.m., participants will have an opportunity to learn more about healthcare careers and job entry requirements, responsibilities, career growth and salary information. At 11:30 a.m., participants will take a tour of the SUNY Upstate campus.
There is no charge to attend the open house. To register in advance, or for more information, call 315-464-4570; walk-ins are welcome. An additional Health Careers Open House is planned for Dec. 6.
The open house is offered at a time when healthcare remains a sector of the economy that continues to grow. In its monthly employment report, the state noted that health services and education on average gained 600 jobs in September.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now