Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
World Health Organization consultant to speak on healthcare abroad
Fredrik F. Broekhuizen, MD, a consultant for the World Health Organization (WHO), will deliver the E. Gregory Keating Global Health Lecture Oct. 27 at 4:30 p.m. in the Medical Alumni Auditorium of Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave., Syracuse, on the campus of SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Broekhuizen will present “Medical Care in Low Resource Settings: What to Prepare For” about his experiences in delivering healthcare around the world.
Broekhuizen, wrote and edited the WHO Manual for Emergency Obstetrics and guided various projects on safe motherhood and obstetrical and neonatal care. He also serves on the International Affairs Committee and the Task Forces on Cervical Cancer Screening and Midwifery of the American College of Ob/Gyn. For more information on the presentation, call 464-8807.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard