Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
World Health Organization consultant to speak on healthcare abroad
Fredrik F. Broekhuizen, MD, a consultant for the World Health Organization (WHO), will deliver the E. Gregory Keating Global Health Lecture Oct. 27 at 4:30 p.m. in the Medical Alumni Auditorium of Weiskotten Hall, 766 Irving Ave., Syracuse, on the campus of SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Broekhuizen will present “Medical Care in Low Resource Settings: What to Prepare For” about his experiences in delivering healthcare around the world.
Broekhuizen, wrote and edited the WHO Manual for Emergency Obstetrics and guided various projects on safe motherhood and obstetrical and neonatal care. He also serves on the International Affairs Committee and the Task Forces on Cervical Cancer Screening and Midwifery of the American College of Ob/Gyn. For more information on the presentation, call 464-8807.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal