Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
The greatest gift is one that comes from the heart. That sentiment is true for 8-year old Avery of Camillus. While many youngsters view their birthdays as opportunities to receive, Avery has made her special day a chance to give back. Avery made the decision to ask family members and friends to donate money to the Golisano Children’s Hospital, in lieu of buying her birthday gifts. The result was a donation of $455.00. This selfless act has almost become a tradition for Avery. This year marks the second year in a row Avery has made a contribution to the hospital instead of birthday gifts. In 2007, Avery donated $416.00 to the Children’s Hospital. Avery’s effort to date has raised nearly $1,000.00, and has inspired us all!
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal