Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Construction for new parking garage remains on schedule
Work remains on schedule for the construction of Upstate Medical University’s new parking garage, designated as the West Garage. Work will continue through November on the garage’s foundation and underground utilities. Precast concrete will begin arriving on site in December to be assembled over a period of about four months. This is the same process that was used to construct the East Garage. Once completed, the building will begin receiving utilities: elevators, lighting, generators, plumbing, fire systems and gate entry systems. The schedule for the bridge over Sarah Loguen Street to the East Garage has not been finalized. The entire parking garage project is expected to be completed next fall.
A parking lot has been created on the site of the old parking garage to accommodate University Hospital volunteers and medical residents. This parking lot was part of the initial planning developed when the garage was scheduled for demolition.
All outlying parking lots served by shuttle buses, including Alliance Bank Stadium lot, will continue to be in service until the West Garage opens.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal