Special Program Features
The Neurology residency program at Upstate Medical University is three year program in adult neurology, certified by the ACGME and made outstanding by:
- Vigorous and growing Neurology Department
- 5-year ACGME certification cycle of the Residency Program. This is the longest program cycle granted.
- Strong didactic program
- Large patient referral base with interesting and diverse pathology
- Close-knit, friendly teaching environment
- Two adjacent hospitals, each with a unique practice setting:
- NYS Designated Stroke Center offering intravenous and intravascular thrombolysis, stents, clot retrieval, endovascular aneurysm treatments.
- Neurointensive Care Service. Intracranial pressure and perfusion monitoring, hypothermia.
- Comprehensive Epilepsy Treatment program with large inpatient epilepsy monitoring unit.
- New neuroscience hospital unit opened July, 2009, featuring large private patient rooms with roomside work stations
- New Children's Hospital opened 2009
- Health Sciences Library
Extensive online and text library facilities
- About Syracuse & Central New York
Located in beautiful, family-friendly central New York with excellent school systems, relaxed lifestyle and low cost of living