Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find your program?
We have 2 tracks both include the internship year with Internal Medicine for a total of 5 positions. It is in your best interest to list both tracks on your rank list so that you have the opportunity to match for all 5 positions that we have available. NRMP #'s below:
- Track 1 is the Advanced Neurology-Preliminary medicine or AP = 2 positions
- NRMP # Preliminary Medicine = 1516140P2 & Advanced Neurology = 1516180A0
- Track 2 is the Categorical track = 3positions
- NRMP # Categorical Neurology = 1516180C0
- What's the application deadline?
The application deadline is November 1st
- Does your program accept International Medical Graduates (IMG's)?
Yes, qualified International Medical Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- What qualifications do I need to apply?
- Graduates of medical schools in the United States or Canada must have attended a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of U.S. colleges of osteopathic medicine must have attended a medical school accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical school outside the United States and Canada must have a current valid ECFMG Certificate and passing grade in the CSA examination from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. *Being ECFMG Certificate "eligible" pending Medical School Diploma will suffice.
- What USMLE scores do I need to be considered?
We require a 1st attempt pass on all USMLE steps
- Do you require a valid ECFMG Certificate prior to being granted an interview?
Preference is given to those whose files are complete (Step 1, 2CK and 2CS, ECFMG Certificate) prior to the 11/01 deadline. *Being ECFMG Certificate "eligible" pending Medical School Diploma will suffice.
- Do you have a Medical School Graduation Date cut off?
Preference is given to those who have graduated within five years of the anticipated training start date. However we do take into consideration what the applicant has been doing since graduation and will consider if more than five years.
- What type of visa is offered?
We will sponsor J1 visa, Permanent Resident, EAD. (H1B Visas and J2 Visas will not be sponsored)
- Do you require US Clinical Experience?
US clinical experience is preferred, however it is not mandatory.?
- How do I verify residency or fellowship training?
Training verifications are handled by the Graduate Medical Education office.