Evaluation and communication are essential aspects in any educational program. These are particularly important in any practice-based learning experience, such as medicine.
Each resident's educational and professional development is tracked via several methods. Residents receive verbal feedback about their clinical performance from the attending physicians with whom they work. Residents, housestaff, and faculty utilize a web-based evaluation system to evaluate themselves, each other, and the clinical settings in which they interact.
Each member of the housestaff has a personal, biannual composite performance evaluation with the Program Director. During this one-on-one meeting, the resident's evaluations are reviewed, progress on procedural training is discussed, and progress toward career goals is assessed. The meeting enables the Program Director to ensure that residents are achieving the goals of the program, and it gives residents a venue to voice any concerns or satisfaction they may have with their progress, the program, or other matters.
Each resident and faculty member should take the time to review Evaluation and Feedback Advice , to get a better understanding of what is expected of them when providing and receiving feedback.
The following evaluation forms are utilized:
- Chief Resident Evaluation by Resident
- Chief Resident Evaluation by Faculty
- Resident Evaluation of Faculty
- Resident Evaluation of Resident
- Milestone General Medicine Consult Evaluation- Faculty of Resident
- Resident Evaluation of Fellow
- Fellow Evaluation of a Resident
- Resident Evaluation of a Clinical Educator during Research/Elective
- Milestone Scholarship - Research Block Evaluation
- Milestones 360 Degree Evaluation - Nursing of House Officer
- Patient Evaluation of House Officer
- Milestones Annual Self-Evaluation
- House Officer Evaluation of Continuity Clinic
- House Officer Evaluation of Upstate University Hospital
- House Officer Evaluation of Rotation
- Praise Card Evaluation
- Concern Card Evaluation
- Weekly Work Hour Form
- Resident Work Hours Information