The student will rotate for two weeks on a ICU service under the direct supervision and instruction of a Critical care attending, Critical care fellow, and Internal Medicine resident.
Students will rotate at one of four sites:
- University Hospital ICU (MICU)
- Veterans Hospital ICU (VICU)
- Crouse Hospital ICU (CICU)
- University Hospital CCU (UCCU)
The student will function as a student-doctor following intensive care patients that are admitted to the ICU setting.
The student will be responsible for taking histories and physicals on intensive care patients and to present (Report) this data to the intern, resident, fellow or attending.
The student should interpret this data and formulate a problem list.
The student should help manage the patient by offering diagnostic and/or therapeutic treatment plans in regard to the patients care.
News from Medicine
- DOM 2013 Publications
- DOM Summer 2013 Newsletter
- Upstate to Recognize Outstanding Service at Convocation Sep 11th
- Aided by Grant, Upstate to Develop Professionalism Training Program for Medical Residents
- Medicine Chairman Comments on Syracuse Air Quality
- The Faculty Commons
- Grants 2007-2012
- Faculty Awards 2007-2012