The student will rotate for two weeks on a ICU service under the direct supervision and instruction of a Critical care attending, Critical care fellow, and Internal Medicine resident.
Students will rotate at one of four sites:
- University Hospital ICU (MICU)
- Veterans Hospital ICU (VICU)
- Crouse Hospital ICU (CICU)
- University Hospital CCU (UCCU)
The student will function as a student-doctor following intensive care patients that are admitted to the ICU setting.
The student will be responsible for taking histories and physicals on intensive care patients and to present (Report) this data to the intern, resident, fellow or attending.
The student should interpret this data and formulate a problem list.
The student should help manage the patient by offering diagnostic and/or therapeutic treatment plans in regard to the patients care.
News from Medicine
- Patient establishes cancer research fund to honor her doctor
- Upstate honors eight faculty with Gold Standard awards
- Joslin Diabetes Center medical team recognized… (Update 2011/02/16)
- Heart and Vascular Center Opens—Physicians Practice Magazine, March 2011
- Telemedicine can be cost-effective way…
- Michael Iannuzzi named Reifenstein Professor