Welcome to the Department of Medicine at Upstate Medical University. The Department is the largest and most complex unit in the School of Medicine and is composed of eleven divisions. Our department has developed new, exciting curricula for medical student, resident and fellow education. As the regional academic medical center for Central New York, our training environment provides a wide range of clinical and academic experiences designed to prepare our trainees for the full range of opportunities in internal medicine. Graduates of our program regularly go on to accept highly competitive opportunities in the most selective fellowship programs in the nation and in clinical practice.
We are dedicated to providing our trainees, residents and fellows with the finest training experience; and hope that as you navigate through our site you will learn about us and all that we have to offer.
We appreciate your interest and hope that you will consider becoming a member of our program. We encourage you to contact us with questions and comments.
Michael C. Iannuzzi, MD, MBA
Chair and Reifenstein Professor
News from Medicine
- Patient establishes cancer research fund to honor her doctor
- Upstate honors eight faculty with Gold Standard awards
- Joslin Diabetes Center medical team recognized… (Update 2011/02/16)
- Heart and Vascular Center Opens—Physicians Practice Magazine, March 2011
- Telemedicine can be cost-effective way…
- Michael Iannuzzi named Reifenstein Professor