Andrea S Viczian, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
- Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Assistant Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Assistant Professor of Neuroscience and Physiology
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Sciences Program
- Neuroscience Program
- Neuroscience and Physiology
- Research Pillars
Education & Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellow: University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England, 2002, Developmental Biology
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Marshall-Sherfield Fellow, University of Cambridge, 1999, Developmental Biology
- PhD: University of California at Los Angeles, 1998, Neuroscience
- Mammalian retinal stem cells formation; molecular mechanism of retinal cell fate decisions; using cell replacement therapy to heal the blinded eye.
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
For more information about my lab research interests, please follow this link:
Sue Stearns, PhD
Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
Sue Stearns, PhD, is one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Steven Youngentob, PhD
Associate Dean of Basic Research and Graduate Studies
Steven Youngentob, PhD, is at the forefront of research into alcohol addiction.