Susan E Stred, MD
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Pediatrics: Pediatric Endocrine and Diabetes
Research Programs and Affiliations
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, 1990, Pediatric Endocrinology; Physiology
- Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University, 1986, Pediatrics
- MD: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 1983
- Growth disorders; Pituitary dysfunction; Late endocrine effects of concussion and of treatment of childhood malignancies; Turner's syndrome; Disorders of sex development.
- Pathophysiology and treatment of pituitary and growth disorders. Best practices care for: late endocrine effects of treatment of childhood malignancies; disorders of sex development.
Specialties & Certification
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Disorders of Puberty
- Failure to Thrive (FTT)
- Growth Delay or Disorder
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Pituitary Disorders
- Short Stature
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
- Crouse Hospital
Languages Spoken (Other Than English)
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/streds
Sue Stearns, PhD
Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
Sue Stearns, PhD, is one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Steven Youngentob, PhD
Associate Dean of Basic Research and Graduate Studies
Steven Youngentob, PhD, is at the forefront of research into alcohol addiction.