Deepa M Masrani, MD
- Assistant Professor of Radiology
- Director of Women's Imaging Section, Diagnostic Division
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Radiology: Women's Imaging Section, Diagnostic Division
- Women's Health Network: Women's Imaging and Radiology
Education & Fellowships
- MBBS: Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, India
- Residency: Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, India
Role of elastomammography for differentiating between benign and malignant lesions to reduce number of biopsies performed.
Lumpectomy surgical margins determination by micro-CT.
To determine sensitivity and specificity of magnetic resonance spectroscopy in context of breast cancer.
Specialties & Certification
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Breast Imaging and Intervention
- Computed Tomography
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Infection
- Breast Tenderness
- Adults and Children
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Ultrasound
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- MR Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Minimally Invasive Breast Biopsy
- Pediatric Ultrasound
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Prenatal Ultrasound
- Women's Health
- Society of Breast Imaging
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Languages Spoken (Other Than English)
HealthLinkOnAir Radio Interview1/30/13 Are mammograms adequate to find cancer in women with dense breasts?
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/masranid
Sue Stearns, PhD
Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
Sue Stearns, PhD, is one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Steven Youngentob, PhD
Associate Dean of Basic Research and Graduate Studies
Steven Youngentob, PhD, is at the forefront of research into alcohol addiction.