Laura D Knight, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Pathology: Anatomic Pathology, Autopsy
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: University of New Mexico, 2007, Forensic Pathology
- Residency: Medical University of South Carolina, 2006, Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- MD: University of Louisville, 2001
- BS: Murray State University, Murray, KY, 1997, Chemistry
- University of Missouri, 2007–2009
Pediatric forensic pathology, SIDS/SUID, cardiovascular pathology
I am involved in the education of pathology residents and medical students, and also teach a graduate course in Forensic Pathology at Syracuse University.
Pediatric forensic pathology,
sudden infant death in the setting of cosleeping/bedsharing,
toxicology and poisoning.
Specialties & Certification
- Forensic Pathology
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP), Fellow
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- National Association of Medical Examiners
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Sue Stearns, PhD
Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
Sue Stearns, PhD, is one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Steven Youngentob, PhD
Associate Dean of Basic Research and Graduate Studies
Steven Youngentob, PhD, is at the forefront of research into alcohol addiction.