SUNY Upstate Medical University offers employees a number of training and professional development opportunities.
Classes/ResourcesOrganizational Training & Development
- Leadership Academy
- Organizational Training & Development Classes (OTD) offers employees various professional development classes as well as conducts mandatory training for all staff.
- Organizational Training Book Library - Resources of interest in training techniques, management, staff development, and more. Contact: Heather Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 464-5463.
Located under the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the SUNY Center for Professional Development creates and delivers customized programs for skill and knowledge development in various technical, and teaching and learning areas.
BLACKBOARD online courseware system provides both mandatory and optional training modules for Upstate staff. New employees will receive their Blackboard username/password via interoffice mail.GOER Online Learning (SLMS)
GOER (Governor's Office of Employee Relations) provides state employees a number of workshops and online learning modules covering topics relevant in our workplace.
- GOER course listings
- Instructions for registering for GOER courses via the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS)
Skillsoft Online Learning
- Skillsoft offers online modules you can take at your own pace on computer skills, business skills, and more. To request an account, email OTD@upstate.edu
- Groupwise Email Tutorials
Self Serve 'My Info' Tutorial
(Access time accruals, payroll, and training information)
Educational Benefits by Union or Affiliation
Upstate employees are entitled to tuition and training benefits designated by their union or affiliation (SUNY Tuition Assistance Policy).