Traveling Nurses Orientation
- Upstate University Hospital-Downtown Campus Map
- Upstate University Hospital at Community Campus Map
- Orientation Agenda (RN/LPN)
- Traveler Frequently Asked Questions
For Managers and Trainers (intranet only):
- Travel Nurse Required Blackboard Education Checklist
- Department Specific Travel Nurse Orientation Checklists are available in Self Serve under Applications, Orientation Checklists. If you have questions, please contact Org. Training and Development at 464-4407.
Self-Study exams and completions must be turned into your traveler company or to Nursing Business Operations at fax (315-464-6160) on Tuesday before New Employee Orientation (NEO).
Traveling Nurses are required to complete education and submit documentation on the following topics:
- Safety-at-Work (SAW)
- Compliance Education
- Population Specific
- Medication Administration Exam (RN and LPN only)
- Safety Companion
The links below are the documents you will need to submit.
Safety at Work (SAW) Education - Travel Nursing Staff working at all Upstate Locations
Review applicable sections below and complete the post-test. Please return your answer sheet to your traveler company or Nursing Support Services.
- SAW Manual (Click to review this required education.)
Compliance Education - Travel Nursing Staff working at all Locations
Population Specific Education - Travel Nursing Staff working at all Locations
- Population Specific Self Study: Clinical Staff
- Population Specific Clinical Exam
- Population Specific Clinical Answer Sheet Print and Return
Medication Administration Exam - Travel (RN and LPN only) working at all Locations
- Medication Calculations Review
- Basic Medication Administration Exam for RNs and LPNs
- Medication Administration Exam Answer Sheet Print and Return