Temporary Agency Staff Orientation
Contact: Tracie Wildner, Professional Development Advisor
Office: Jacobsen Hall, Room 417
Phone: 315 464-6125
Upstate University Hospital at Community Campus:
Contact: Tracy Fenner
Office: Upstate University Hospital Community Campus OTD-HR
Non-Employees coming to Upstate Medical University are responsible for completing the following orientation materials:
- Non-Employee Orientation Guide and Completion Certificate:
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Education and Completion Certificate
- Non-Employees will also complete a Confidentiality Agreement at Payroll when their ID badge is activated, which will be recorded by Payroll in the non-employee's training record.
Requirements for Forms:
- ALL required forms should be returned to the department initiating the non-employee request within Self Serve.
- The initiating department shall be responsible for entering into Self Serve Tracker and maintaining all documentation of required education/forms.
- If the department is not able to enter into Self Serve Tracker, a COPY of the completed forms should be sent to OTD (JH Rm 417; fax 4-4400; email email@example.com) for Self Serve Tracker entry.
Additional Education Required for Temps at Upstate 4 Months or Longer
Safety at WorkReview the manual below and complete the appropriate post-test.
- ALL Staff click the link above to the file: SAW Manual
- SAW Section I & II: ALL STAFF review these sections
- SAW Section III: LICENSED Staff That Provide Regular Care to Patients review this section in addition to sections I & II
- Use the bookmarks to the left of the screen to navigate through the manual
Post Test: Complete for Training Credit
- Post-Test for UNLICENSED staff OR staff that DO NOT Provide Regular Care to Patients
All staff who are not licensed (may or may not provide patient care) OR licensed staff in a job title/role with no patient care, click the link above to complete THIS POST-TEST.
- Post-Test for all LICENSED staff that Provide Regular Care to Patients
All staff who are licensed patient care providers, click the link above to complete THIS POST-TEST.
Right to Know Education
and Completion Certificate should be printed and mailed to Organizational Training & Development, Jacobsen Hall, Room 417.