Contact: Tracie Wildner, Professional Development Advisor
Office: Jacobsen Hall, Room 417
Phone: 315 464-6125
Upstate University Hospital at Community Campus:
Contact: Tracy Fenner
Office: Upstate University Hospital Community Campus OTD-HR
Related Policy: E-06 Non-Employee/Contract Staff Orientation and Annual Training
Non-Employees coming to Upstate Medical University are responsible for completing the following orientation materials (if you will be here longer than 4 months, see below)
2. HIPAA Privacy Rule Education:
Requirements for Forms:
- ALL required forms should be returned to the department initiating the non-employee request within Self Serve.
- The initiating department shall be responsible for entering into Self Serve Tracker and maintaining all documentation of required education/forms.
- If the department is not able to enter into Self Serve Tracker, a COPY of the completed forms should be sent to OTD (JH Rm 417; fax 4-4400; email email@example.com) for Self Serve Tracker entry.
Additional Education Required for Non-Employees at Upstate 4 Months or Longer
The following education can either be completed via Blackboard (https://bb.upstate.edu), or for those without computer access, can be completed via the documents below.
Safety at Work
Complete via Blackboard course UH110: Safety-at-Work (SAW) or review the manual below and complete the appropriate post-test.
All staff click the link above to review this annual, required education. Then, complete the appropriate post test below.
1. SAW Post Test: Complete for Training Credit
- Post-Test for ALL STAFF that DO NOT Provide Regular Care to Patients
(All staff who are not licensed and/or do not provide patient care, click the link above to complete THIS POST-TEST)
- Post-Test for ALL LICENSED STAFF that Provide Regular Care to Patients
(All staff who are licensed patient care providers, click the link above to complete THIS POST-TEST)
2. Right to Know Education
Complete via Blackboard course RTK: Right To Know (RTK) or review the education below and complete the certificate.
3. Compliance Education
Complete via Blackboard course UH6218: Compliance, Institutional (Annual) or review the education below and complete the certificate.