You and your loved ones are important to us. We especially remember those who have died, and keep them and you in our daily prayers.
We offer several helpful resources and services that can provide comfort and connection in your time of loss.
- Annual Memorial Service: Held once a year in November on a Sunday afternoon in the Interfaith Chapel, this inclusive service invites those who have had a loved one die at Upstate in the previous year to come together to remember, pray, discover meaning and find fellowship.
- Annual Pediatric Memorial Service: Sponsored by the Bereavement Committee of the Golisano Children's Hospital, this service will be held in Spring 2012. Stay tuned for more information.
- Set up a special remembrance website at 1000memories without charge, and share the life of your loved one. 1000memories is a wonderful way to organize, share and discover the old photos and memories of your family and friends by creating an online, shareable space where they can be remembered and celebrated.
- Mass Cards: Mass cards are available for a nominal fee that support spiritual care needs. Please download our mass card , and send your check and mass intention.
Central New York area bereavement resources are here in your time of need. Here are several to help you get started:
- The Center for Living with Loss of the Hospice of Central New York has grief counseling, support groups, community talks, walking groups, interactive workshops and services of remembrance. There is no charge for these services. Contact them Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM at 315 634-1100 or visit their website at www.hospicecny.org.
- Hope for the Bereaved provides support and hope to thousands of grieving children, adults and families each year by offering one-to-one counseling, 10 support groups, telephone helpline, and HOPELine newsletter free-of-charge to the bereaved. Please call Hope's HELPLINE at 315 475-HOPE (4673) if you need a listening ear, or Hope’s main office at 315 475-9675, or visit the website at www.hopeforbereaved.com
- Perinatal Bereavement Support Program is offered by Crouse Hospital through their RTS Bereavement Services Maternity program located at 739 Irving Ave, Syracuse NY 13210. Please call 315 470-3768 for more information on their monthly support group.
- AfterTalk.com was created to help people who are grieving through one of life's most difficult times with comfort, solace, and support. We are non-denominational and free to all. AfterTalk's Private Conversations feature allows you to continue to express your thoughts and feelings to your deceased loved one in a secure and private place sharing joys, frustrations, memories, and life's daily experiences. AfterTalk's Famly & Friends feature helps mourners share their feelings collectively but without the whole world watching. AfterTalk's Therapist Portal allows clients to write to their deceased loves ones and share as they wish with their therapist. AfterTalk's Resource Center offers books, dvd's, and pages of helpful links. AfterTalk.com .