What Our Alumni Say
Regarding the overall CPE program:
- "I learned about myself and gained a deeper understanding of my theology and my relationship with God."
- "This is an excellent program that played a major role in my formation as a pastor."
- "I grew more as a pastor from this experience than any other I have had so far."
Regarding the CPE Supervisor:
- "Rev. Terry challenges us in a non-judgmental way."
Regarding the opportunity to train with Standardized Patients:
- "Watching oneself on video is a powerful teaching tool."
Regarding the small process group time called Open Agenda Group (OAG):
- "The OAG was helpful in group building, created a sense of connection, was a time to process what had happened that day and get support, brought closure to the day and lightened the heart."
Chaplain interns graduate from Clinical Pastoral Education program at Upstate
Chaplain interns Eric Haynes and Jorge Ramirez, recent graduates of Upstate’s Clinical Pastoral Education Program, describe their experiences in the nationally accredited program that includes clinical experiences in addition to instructional hours as they learn the art of spiritual care.
CPE in the NEWS
Upstate program forms spiritual caregivers
Read the full article in the Catholic Sun.