History of Smoke-Free at Upstate
We arrived on August 1, 2005—After 12 months of planning and preparation, SUNY Upstate Medical University officially became a smoke-free campus.
Under the Leadership of Former President Eastwood—In his letter to the Upstate community, Dr. Eastwood said that creating a smoke-free campus at SUNY Upstate is squarely within the mission of Upstate, which is dedicated to preventing disease and improving health.
- Onondaga County Smoke-free Sidewalk Ordinance — 9/1/09
- A Smoke-Free SUNY Upstate — 07/07/05
- Updating campus on initiative. —02/07/05
- Smoke-free campus by Aug. '05 —07/20/04
- Executive Committee to review exisiting smoking policy —03/22/04