Gamma Knife Team
The referring physician is a critical partner on the Gamma Knife treatment team. All follow-up studies, treatment plans and progress outcomes are performed in conjunction with the patient's physician. Because the patient often requires long-term follow-up care, it is essential that the referring physician and Gamma Knife team maintain a close working relationship.
The Upstate Gamma Knife Team
Treatment with the Gamma Knife is planned and administered by a multidisciplinary team of specialists including: neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, otolargyngologist, medical physicists, neuroradiologists, and nursing staff.
Daniel A Bassano, PhD, 315 464-8668
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Radiation Oncology
Education & Fellowships
- PhD: Syracuse University, 1969
- Treating all cancers using modern external radiation techniques, radioactive sources and the Gammaknife.
- Using accelerated [1 week],and partial breast[lumpectomy site] irradiation schemes for early breast cancer.
- The utilazation of more effective imaging technologies and strategies for oncologic diagnosis and treatment.
- Analysis of outcomes after Gammaknife treatment of various brain pathologies.
Specialties & Certification
- Radiation Oncology Physics
- Adults and Children
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/bassanod