- Welcome to University Hospital
- University Hospital Overview
- Contact Us
- Golisano Children's Hospital
- University Hospital
- CEO Video Blog
- University Hospital Leadership
- Our Mission, Vision & Values
- Quality of Care
- Support Upstate
- Your Comments
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Upstate News
- Career Opportunities
- Nursing Careers
Our Mission, Vision & Values
SUNY Upstate Medical University's Mission:
The mission of SUNY Upstate Medical University is to improve the health of the communities we serve through education, biomedical research and health care.
Upstate Medical University Vision Statement:
The vision for Upstate Medical University is to be the leading regional academic medical center in the nation. SUNY Upstate will be:
- A catalyst in the delivery of patient-centered health care that addresses our region's most pressing concerns;
- A highly-regarded resource for the education of health professionals, especially in shortage areas;
- A global resource for research that improves understanding of health and disease;
- A place to work that recognizes excellence.
University Hospital's Vision Statement:
- University Hospital will provide comprehensive, seamless and innovative patient and family centered health care to improve the health status of the communities we serve.
- University Hospital will be the preferred area employer by offering an environment where employees and volunteers are personally and professionally valued, recognized and supported.
- University Hospital will be a clinical center of educational and research excellence by continuously evaluating and adopting innovative practices in technology and health care.
This Mission is achieved through our shared values:
We drive innovation and discovery
by empowering our university family
to bring forth new ideas and
to ensure quality.
We respect people
by treating all with grace and
dignity and embracing diversity.
We serve our community
by living our mission.
We value integrity
by being open and honest
to build trust and teamwork.
Upstate's Diversity Commitment
Consistent with our mission and values, Upstate strives to attract and cultivate diverse and culturally sensitive faculty, staff and students.
Send your ideas, concerns,
or opinions directly to
Dr. McCabe. Your feedback is greatly valued—as well as your ideas on how we can improve our operations. And don't hesitate to share your success stories or to acknowledge our health professionals who are providing exemplary service.