How to Apply
For 2019-2020, there will be three positions in the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship at Upstate Medical University.
Accreditation Length: 3 years
Program Size: 9
All applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) , beginning in July of the year preceding the program start date. Appointments for the Fellowship Program will be made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All candidates must register through the NRMP.
The application requires the following information:
- Official Medical School Transcripts
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMEL, LMCC, COMPLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States)
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if you have graduated from medical school)
Interviews will be coordinated directly by the Fellowship Program Administrator at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Applicants considered for an interview will be contacted and invited to SUNY Upstate Medical University for an interview with the Program Director and selected faculty.
- We review approximately 300 applications a year
- We interview 15-20 candidates per year
- All candidates entering fellowship programs at Upstate on or after July 1, 2017 will be subject to a pre-employment (post offer) drug test. This includes any prior Upstate fellow who has had a break in service and is returning to employment. For candidates entering fellowship programs at Upstate, drug screening and final results must be available prior to the first day of their program as a prerequisite to employment.