...Upstate's compost efforts save one ton of waste from the landfill every month.
Since Upstate began a food composting program in 2011:
- Every month, more than 1 ton of food waste has been kept out of landfills!
- That diverted waste, sent to Onondaga County's Resource Recovery Agency's (OCRRA) compost facility, is recycled and used in gardens throughout the county…maybe even yours!
- The success of Upstate's composting program contributed to OCCRA awarding Upstate the title, "Blue Ribbon Recycler of the Year!"
- Upstate University Hospital at Community Campus also adopted a composting program, adding their efforts to our downtown campus initiative!
- Morrison Food and Nutrition Services, Tim Horton's and Express Oasis have been invaluable behind-the-scenes partners in Upstate's composting program!
For more information on where Upstate compost goes and how Onondaga County households can benefit from it, visit the OCRRA website.
For information on how you, your department, your team, your class can become involved in Upstate's "Think Green" program, contact Darlene Ford at email@example.com or 315 464-7114.