The following are recent first-author publications in books and professional journals by Upstate students. Doctoral students in the College of Graduate Studies who finished from 2007 to 2012 published on average 3.8 publications (with 2.2 being first author) that are indexed on Pub Med. These publications have been cited 23.6 times on average.
Jonathan L. Hess et al. Bioinformatic analyses and conceptual synthesis of evidence linking ZNF804A to risk for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 168(1):14-35 (2015).
Stephen A. Shinsky et al. Biochemical Reconstitution and Phylogenetic Comparison of Human SET1 Family Core Complexes Involved in Histone Methylation . J Biol Chem [Epub ahead of print]
- Adeseye Adekeye et al. Ablation of the proapoptotic genes chop or ask1 does not prevent or delay loss of visual function in a P23H transgenic mouse model of retinitis pigmentosa. PLoS One;9(2):e83871 (2014).
- Dimitra Aggeli et al. Coordination of the filament stabilizing versus destabilizing activities of cofilin through its secondary binding site on actin. Cytoskeleton 71(6):361-79 (2014).
- Hajime Akada et al. Critical role of Jak2 in the maintenance and function of adult hematopoietic stem cells. Stem Cells 32(7):1878-89 (2014).
- Hajime Akada et al. Loss of wild-type Jak2 allele enhances myeloid cell expansion and accelerates myelofibrosis in Jak2V617F knock-in mice. Leukemia 28(8):1627-35 (2014).
- *X. Yu , *Adam R. Blanden et al. [*These authors contributed equally to this work ] Small molecule restoration of wildtype structure and function of mutant p53 using a novel zinc-metallochaperone based mechanism . Oncotarget 5(19):8879-92 (2014).
- Robert Brooks et al. Coordinate Expansion of Murine Hematopoietic and Mesenchymal Stem Cell Compartments by SHIPi . Stem Cells [Epub ahead of print]
- Tiffany Caza et al. Interplay of Infections, Autoimmunity, and Immunosuppression in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus . Int Rev Immunol. 33(4):330-63 (2014).
- Tiffany N. Caza et al. HRES-1/Rab4-mediated depletion of Drp1 impairs mitochondrial homeostasis and represents a target for treatment in SLE. Annals of Rheumatic Disease 73(10):1888-97 (2014).
- Chandrav De et al. β-l-1-[5-((E-2-bromovinyl)-2-(hydroxymethyl)-1,3-(dioxolan-4-yl)] uracil (l-BHDU) prevents varicella-zoster virus replication in a SCID-Hu mouse model and does not interfere with 5-fluorouracil catabolism . Antiviral Res. 110C:10-19 (2014).
- Paurav Desai et al. Chlamydomonas axonemal dynein assembly locus ODA8 encodes a conserved flagellar protein needed for cytoplasmic maturation of outer dynein arm complexes. Cytoskeleton [Epub ahead of print]
- Edward Doherty et al. Increased mitochondrial electron transport chain activity at complex I is regulated by N-acetylcystein in lymphocytes of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Antioxid Redox Signal. 21(1):56-65 (2014).
- Miriam L. Donohue et al. Is in vivo manual palpation for thoracic pedicle screw instrumentation reliable? J Neurosurg Spine 20(5):492-6 (2014).
- Chrissa Dwyer et al. Brevican knockdown reduces late-stage glioma tumor aggressiveness . J Neurooncol. 120(1):63-72 (2014).
- Chinaza Egbuta et al. Mechanism of Inhibition of Estrogen Biosynthesis by Azole Fungicides . Endocrinology 155(12):4622-8 (2014).
- Karen Howard et al. The Distribution of Implant Fixation for Femoral Components of TKA: A Postmortem Retrieval Study . J Arthroplasty 29(9):1863-70 (2014).
- Cherry Ignacio et al. Effects of acute prenatal exposure to ethanol on microRNA expression are ameliorated by social enrichment. Frontiers in Pediatrics [Epub ahead of print]
- Sonia Iyer et al. SHIP1 regulates MSC numbers and their osteolineage commitment by limiting induction of the PI3K/Akt/Î²catenin/Id2 axis . Stem Cells Dev. 23(19):2336-51, 2014.
- Sonia Iyer et al. SHIP1-expressing mesenchymal stem cell regulate hematopoietic stem cell homeostasis and lineage choice during aging . Stem Cells Dev. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lingyan Jiang et al. Mitotic arrest by tumor suppressor RASSF1A is regulated via CHK1 phosphorylation. Mol Cancer Res. 12(1):119-29 (2014).
- Sheena Claire Li et al. The signaling lipid PI(3,5)P2 stabilizes V1-Vo sector interactions and activates the V-ATPase. Mol Biol Cell. [Epub ahead of print]
- Samuel J. Mackenzie et al. Innervation and function of rat tail muscles for modeling cauda equina injury and repair . Muscle Nerve [Epub ahead of print]
- Nicole Mantella and S. Youngentob. Prenatal alcohol exposure increases postnatal acceptability of nicotine odor and taste in adolescent rats. PLoS One [Epub ahead of print]
- Jessica Ouderkirk and M. Krendel. Myosin 1e is a component of the invadosome core that contributes to regulation of invadosome dynamics. Exp Cell Res. 322(2):265-76 (2014).
- Jessica Ouderkirk and M. Krendel. Non-muscle myosins in tumor progression, cancer cell invasion, and metastasis. Cytoskeleton 71(8):447-63 (2014).
- Dakshesh Patel et al. Atrial fibrillation-associated Connexin40 mutants make hemichannels and synergistically form gap junction channels with novel properties. FEBS Lett. 588(8):1458-64 (2014).
- Jie Peng et al. Analysis of ssDNA Gaps and DSBs in Genetically Unstable Yeast Cultures . Methods Mol Biol. 1170:501-15 (2014).
- Jie Peng et al. Analysis of replication timing using synchronized budding yeast cultures . Methods Mol Biol. 1170:477-99 (2014.
- Elizabeth M. Samuelson et al. Reduced B Lymphoid Kinase (Blk) Expression Enhances Proinflammatory Cytokine Production and Induces Nephrosis in C57BL/6-lpr/lpr Mice. PLoS One ;9(3):e92054 (2014).
- Naman B. Shah and T.M. Duncan. Bio-layer Interferometry for Measuring Kinetics of Protein-protein Interactions and Allosteric Ligand Effects. J Vis Exp. Feb 18;(84) (2014).
- Stephen Shinsky et al. A non-active site SET domain surface crucial for the interaction of MLL1 and the RbBP5-ASH2L heterodimer within MLL family core complexes. J Mol Biol. 426(12):2283-99 (2014)
- Qing Sun et al. Lappaol f, a novel anticancer agent isolated from plant arctium lappa L . Mol Cancer Ther. 13(1):49-59 (2014).
- Daniel T. Tylee et al.Blood-based gene-expression biomarkers of post-traumatic stress disorder among deployed marines: A pilot study. Psychoneuroendocrinology. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jennifer White et al. Localization of sarcomeric proteins during myofibril assembly in cultured mouse primary skeletal myotubes . Anat Rec 297(9):1571-84 (2014).
- Joel Wilmore et al. AID expression in peripheral blood of children living in a malaria holoendemic region is associated with changes in B cell subsets and Epstein-Barr virus. Int J Cancer
- Duncan B. Wormer et al. The Focal Adhesion-Localized CdGAP Regulates Matrix Rigidity Sensing and Durotaxis. PLoS One 9(3):e91815 (2014).
- Huimei Zheng et al. Converting a Binding Protein into a Biosensing Conformational Switch Using Protein Fragment Exchange . Biochemistry 53(34):5505-14 (2014).
- Mansi Babbar and M.S. Sheikh. Metabolic Stress and Disorders Related to Alterations in Mitochondrial Fission or Fusion . Mol Cell Pharmacol. 5(3):109-133 (2013).
- Jing Bi et al. Myosin 1e is a component of the glomerular slit diaphragm complex that regulates actin reorganization during cell-cell contact formation in podocytes . Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305(4):F532-44 (2013).
- Ori S. Cohen et al. Acute prenatal exposure to a moderate dose of valproic acid increases social behavior and alters gene expression in rats . Int. J of Dev Neuroscience 31(8):740-50 (2013).
- Anudariya B. Dean and D.R. Mitchell. Chlamydomonas ODA10 is a conserved axonemal protein that plays a unique role in outer dynein arm assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 24:3689-3696 (2013).
- Heba Diab and P.M. Kane. Loss of vacuolar H+-ATPase (V-ATPase) activity in yeast generates an iron deprivation signal that is moderated by induction of the peroxiredoxin TSA2 . J Biol Chem 288(16):11366-77 (2013).
- Aaron Glass, TD Nguyen and SM Taffet. Approaches for studying the role(s) of gap junctions in the immune system. In: Connexin Cell Communication Channels, (pp 37-60), CRC Press (2013).
- Aaron Glass et al. Connexin43 is dispensable for phagocytosis. J Immunol. 190(9):4830-5 (2013).
- Aaron Glass et al. Spontaneous cardiac calcinosis in BALB/cByJ mice. Comp Med. 63(1):29-37 (2013).
- Matthew Gumbleton and William Kerr. Role of inositol phospholipid signaling in natural killer cell biology . Front. Immunol. 4:47 (2013).
- Sonya Iyer et al. Role of SHIP1 in bone biology. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1280:11-4 (2013).
- Lihini Keenawinna et al. Zoledronic Acid Prevents Loss of Trabecular Bone after Focal Irradiation in Mice. Radiat Res.180(1):89-99 (2013).
- Elisabeth C. Krainer et al. The multiplicity of human formins: Expression patterns in cells and tissues. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 70(8):424-38 (2013).
- Colleen Kuemmel et al. A conserved aromatic residue regulating photosensitivity in short-wavelength sensitive cone visual pigments. Biochemistry 52(30):5084-5091 (2013).
- Ki Lui et al. Negative regulator of p53 by Ras superfamily protein RBEL1A . Journal of Cell Science 126:2436-45 (2013).
- Nicole Mantella et al. Fetal Nicotine Exposure Increases Preference for Nicotine Odor in Early Postnatal and Adolescent, but Not Adult, Rats. PLOS One 8(12):e84989 (2014).
- Anna J. Nichols et al. Ex utero electroporation and whole hemisphere explants: a simple experimental method for studies of early cortical development. J Vis Exp. Apr 3;(74) (2013).
- Jacqualyn Schulman et al. The Bcl-2 protein family member Bok binds to the coupling domain of Inosital 1,4,5-Trisphosphate Receptors and protects them from proteolytic cleavage. J Biol Chem 288:25340-49 (2013).
- Naman Shah et al. F1-ATPase of Escherichia coli: The Îµ-inhibited State Forms After ATP Hydrolysis is Distinct from the ADP-Inhibited State, and Responds Dynamically to Catalytic-Site Ligands. J Biol Chem 288(13):9383-95 (2013).
- Hong Sun et al. Potential tumor-suppressive role of monoglyceride lipase in human colorectal cancer. Oncogene 32(2):234-41 (2013).
- Guangliang Wang et al. CEP162 is an axoneme-recognition protein promoting ciliary transition zone assembly at the cilia base. Nat Cell Biol 15(6):591-601 (2013).
- Guangliang Wang et al. Analysis of gene function and visualization of cilia-generated fluid flow in Kupffer's vesicle. J Vis Exp Mar 31;(73) (2013).
- Joel R. Wilmore et al. Acute Plasmodium chabaudi Infection Dampens Humoral Responses to a Secondary T-Dependent Antigen but Enhances Responses to a Secondary T-Independent Antigen. J Immunol 191:4731-4739 (2013).
- Eric Wohlford et al. Identification of a novel variant of LMP-1 of EBV in patients with endemic Burkitt lymphoma in western Kenya. Infect. Agent. Cancer 8:34 (2013).
- Qin Xu et al. Histone deacetylase inhibition reduces cardiac connexin43 expression and gap junction communication. Front Pharmacol 4:44 (2013).
- Xinming Zhuo et al. An inducible expression system to measure rhodopsin transport in transgenic Xenopus rod outer segments. PLoS One8(12):e82629 (2013).