The student/mentor relationship is the essence of graduate training at Upstate. Our graduate students and principal investigators interact daily.
Peer Mentoring Program
Our Senior Students are matched with incoming students to provide an additional source of mentoring and advice.
A discussion series designed to help incoming students get off to a strong start. Meetings times are 12:00 Noon. The 2016 series topics and discussion leaders are:
- 8/26/16 Introduction to Bioethics, Dr. Robert Olick, Rm 3111 WH
- 9/9/16 Selecting a Research Topic and Mentor, Dr. Francesca Pignoni, Rm 3111 WH
- 9/23/16 Critical Reading Skills, Critical Study Skills, and Your Rotation, Dr. Gary Chan, Rm 3111 WH
- 10/7/16 Overview of Student Affairs and Students Resources: Student Counseling Services, and Academic Support Services, Rm 3111 WH
- 10/21/16 How to Get the Most Out of Your Advisor and Your Committee, Dr. Stewart Loh, Rm 3111 WH
- 11/4/16 Writing a Research Report, Dr. Jennifer Moffat, Rm 3109 WH
Handouts: Organizing Scientific Thought , Presenting Your Rotation Project , Scientific Writing Rules