Major Research Areas
Upstate boasts basic and clinical researchers with diverse expertise in neuroscience, molecular genetics, genomics, epigenetics, structural biology, infectious disease, and behavior disorders. This allows students the opportunity to perform research in a wide range of research areas and easily collaborate when new expertise is needed.
Vladimir Sirotkin, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Biomedical Sciences Program
- Cancer Research Program
- Cell and Developmental Biology
Education & Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Yale University, 2007
- Postdoctoral Fellow: The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 2002
- PhD: Rutgers University, 2001
Mechanisms of the actin cytoskeleton assembly and role of myosin-1 during endocytosis in fission yeast.